New England Hearing Loop’s parent company Shanahan Sound and Electronics offers a monthly newsletters that keeps you up-to-date on a combination of audio, video, and hearing loop systems information.
Below we have shared a few articles we think you might enjoy. If you would like to receive our monthly newsletter, click here to subscribe today.
As a thank you for subscribing, you will receive our FREE eBook, “8 Considerations to Think About When Choosing a Hearing Loop Designer and Installer”.
2018 Summer Theater Performances
June marked the start of summer and fun activities that come with it. We at Shanahan and New England Hearing Loop are excited to share with you a list of theaters wehave looped and a list of their upcoming performances. All are located in New England!
If you know of a theater that needs to be looped contact us at: 978-453-1556 or email us at: email@example.com
Barnstormers Theater- 104 Main Street Tamworth, NH 03886
- “The Producers” by Mel Brooks and Thomas Meehan. This performance is about two guys setting out to swindle funds by producing a bad Broadway performance, it is an outrageous, irreverent, side-splitting and crowd-thrilling farce, it takes place June 28th-July 3rd, and July 5th-7th.
- “We Have Always Lived in the Castle” by Hugh Wheeler (adapted from the novel by Shirley Jackson), A reclusive family is sequestered in the dark corners of their house. Why? Mystery, suspense, a bit of horror, and a pinch of humor ensue as the answer unfolds. You can catch this performance from July 12th-21st.
- “Laughing Stock” by Charles Morey takes place backstage at a summer stock theater in northern England. You can see it from July 26th-August 4th.
- “And Then There Were None” by Agatha Christie. Ten strangers with murky pasts are summoned to a remote island, where mayhem and murder follow. This mystery is live from August 9th-18th.
- “Western Civilization: The Complete Musical (Abridged)” by Reed Martin, Austin Tichenor, Nick Graham, and Dee Ryan. Your school history is blithely diced and shredded as this 90-minute whirlwind of song, dance and comedy romps through the centuries. August 23rd-September 1st.
Peterborough Players – 55 Hadley Rd, Petersborough NH, 03458
- June 20th-July 1st “tru” by Jay Presson Allen.
- June 23rd-July 21st “The Wind in the Willows” adopted by Moses Goldberg, based on the book by Kenneth Grahame.
- July 4th-15th “The Skin of Our Teeth” by Thornton Wilder.
- August 1st-12th “The Drowsy Chaperone” Music and Lyrics by Lambert and Morrison, the book is by Martin and McKellar.
- August 18th-25th “Pippi Longstocking” Adapted by Thomas W. Olsen with Music by Roberta Carlson.
- August 29th-September 9th “Sexy Laundry” A comedy by Michele Riml.
- September 12th-16th “The Dork Knight” Written and performed by Jason O’Connell.
Gendron Franco American Center – 46 Cedar Street, Lewiston, ME 04240
- The first of the summer is the Bates Musician’s Concert where composers and dancers collaborate to perform original and improvises works from different styles around the globe. July 23rd from 7:30 until 9:30 don’t miss out!
- Community Concepts Concert featuring Noel Paul Stookey, of the group Peter, Paul, and Mary, Friday, September 14th, doors open at 7, and the show starts at 8.
- The Jazz Punishers at the Cabaret Café quirky name is representative of the band members’ sense of humor and lightheartedness about the music they love to play. August 19th, at 4:00 p.m.
- Cullen and Friends are coming to bring their Summer Saturday series while listening to your friends play rock and roll covers. Don’t miss this performance on August 25th, at 7:30.
Portland Stage – 25 Forest Ave, Portland, ME
- “Nunsense” an over-the-top, utterly hilarious international phenomenon starring five nuns who decide to hold a fundraiser after their cook, Sister Julia, Child of God, inadvertently poisons 52 sisters. Featuring belting, twirling, tap-dancing nuns, this show will restore your faith in the power of comedy. This performance takes place August 14th-19th, 21st-26th.
Chelmsford Center for the Arts – 1A North Rd, Chelmsform, MA 01824
- 2nd Sunday Jazz Jam hosted by Molly Flannery on piano, with Haley Peltz on voice, Miki Mutsuki on drums, and Jon Dreyer on bass. All are welcome to come play, sing, or listen. 5 dollars at the door! July 8th, 4-7 p.m.
- North Road Showcase featuring THE BACK SEAT EXPERIENCE, Sully and Mills, and Sydney Baron, Kamran Sobhian, and Matt Grandbois. July 12th, 7:30 p.m.
- Sci-Fi Radio Theatre, A science fiction extravaganza,July 14th, 7:00 p.m.
- Meet the author at the CCA- Sara Marks, who will be signing copies of her newest book “Phi Alpha Pi.” Have a glass of wine, or beer at our cash bar and meet other book lovers! July 20th, 7:00 p.m.
- Chelmsford Summer Flute Camp will be held fromJuly 23rd-27th. This program is designed for flutists who want to improve their playing, meet fellow flute players, experience what it is like to play in a flute choir/ensemble, and have a great time while making music
- An evening with pianist Carl Wishneusky, July 28th, at 7:30 p.m.
- Applause Academy Theater Camp offers three weeks of theater camp in our Chelmsford location. Theater camp is open to children ages 8-15. Each week of camp is a different musical theatre show with performances on Fridays, it takes place July 30th-August 17th.
- 2nd Sunday Jazz Jam hosted by Joan Watson-Jones, August 12th, 4-7 p.m.
- Cullen and Friends are back at the CCA, August 25th at 7:30 p.m
Enjoy Your Summer! Please share this list with friends and family.
It's Here - The New England Hearing Loop Loop Locator
“As sound experts and musicians we are acutely aware of the difficulties people living with hearing loss encounter every day. Our goal is to always optimize the audio experience for our clients. With that in mind it was clear to us that hearing loop technology was a natural fit for us to offer our clients.” Catherine Shanahan, President, Shanahan Sound & Electronics, Inc.
New England Hearing Loop (NEHL), a division of Shanahan Sound & Electronics, Inc., has developed a Loop Locator on its website to help the hearing impaired locate facilities that incorporate Hearing Loops. The Loop Locator will be an immense resource to people living with hearing loss since it identifies the facility, and also the location within the facility, such as a specific room, and in some instances, which rows in a facility, the Loop is active. The Loop Locator also utilizes Google Maps to provide directions to the facility.
The need for Hearing Loops has become more important than ever. Educational institutions (classrooms) are struggling to meet the needs of a growing number of teens and young adults with hearing impairments. Partial deafness once considered “an old person’s” disease is now becoming a health issue among young people. According to Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA), there has been a 30% increase in hearing loss in teens and young adults. A 2017 report from Johns Hopkins researchers states the number of American adults living with some form of hearing loss is expected to nearly double by 2060.
Over 100 hearing loops have been installed by New England Hearing Loop in concert halls, educational institutions, corporate offices, religious and senior living facilities throughout New England.
NEHL is New England’s leading provider of assistive listening solutions, from hearing loop to frequency modulation to infrared systems. Visit NEHL for the Loop & Listen Blog, to learn more about hearing loops, current legislation, news and trends.
We will continue to expand the Resource Center to deliver the most update and relevant information for assistive listening.. To receive our quarterly newsletter, sign up here. To stay connected on social media, follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
At NEHL, we strive to improve the experience of people living with hearing loss by helping you to deliver the optimal listening experience for your organization. Whether you are seeking a new system or an assessment of an existing one our certified staff can help. To set up an appointment for a complimentary consultation to discuss your assistive listening needs, please email or call us at 978-453-1556
Happy Anniversary First Congregational Church
Summer Theater Gets Looped
EPOCH Assisted Living at Boylston Place
Home | FAQ | Services | About NEHL | Contact us
Sound and Video System Experts serving New England including MA, NH, RI, ME, CT, and VT since 1951
Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org | 800.786.1556
© 2018 New England Hearing Loop